High literacy rates; High unemployment levels and a vibrant informal sector can be viewed as perfect ingredients for entrepreneurship development. Yet, the next Unicorns are not in view. Experts blame an under-developed Venture Capital industry.
This diverse panel including Start-ups, Investors and VCs discusses the state of start-ups in Zimbabwe and the role that VCs need to play. The panel also identifies steps that can be taken to foster development of a robust venture capital industry; and discuss what winning ideas look like and what it takes to be funded as a start-up?
Moderator: Dr. Nigel Chanakira
- Takunda Chingozho, Co-founder (Neolab Technology)
- Roelof Goosen, Independent Financial Inclusion Advisor and Strategist (Finmark)
- Adam Molai, Executive Chairman (Savannah Tobacco)
- Dr Shingi Munyeza, CEO (Vinali Investments)
- Simz D’Mandla, CEO & Founder (Trade4Africa)
- Geoff Goss, CEO (Matambaanonaka)
Beyond Econet Wireless, AfricaSun, Banc ABC, can Multinational companies still emerge out of Zimbabwe?
Share the questions you would like our Moderator to ask our “A” List Panel?
Take advantage of our Early Bird Ticket by registering before the 30th of June 2016.